MCMRC Students were invited to prepare any object they want (like utilitarian or decorative objects, accessories, furniture articles, showpieces, etc), from any waste material, using their inspiration, ideas and creativity, understanding that waste material is something found in the garbage or something that is normally intended to be thrown away.
Our goal through the activity was multiple:
- ★ To reach maximum number of students and contribute to make them aware about environmental issues and how to adopt a more sustainable lifestyle,
- ★ To collect some ideas from students through self-expression,
- ★ Strengths advocating arguments in showing how schools and scholars are interested in sustainability topics,
- ★ For students to learn and progressively understand that resources should be used carefully, that they could reuse waste material and not always depend on new things,
- ★ Engage parents and families in the activity and moreover raise sustainability awareness among them, considering that part of the activity will be done from home,
- ★ Spread inspiration, awareness and sustainability understanding to other students through the exhibition of the works.